LuckyWP Table of Contents
Creates SEO-friendly table of contents for your posts, pages or custom post types. Great customizable appearance.
- Automatical insertion a table of contents (configure post types and position).
- SEO-friendly: table of contents code is ready to use by Google for snippets on result page.
- Insert by shortcode, Gutenberg block or widget.
- Button on toolbar of the classic editor.
- Gutenberg block into “Common Blocks”.
- Setting the minimum number of headings to display table of contents.
- Setting the depth of headings for table of contents.
- Skip headings by level or text.
- Hierarchical or linear view.
- Numeration items: decimal or roman numbers in order or nested.
- Customizable appearance: width, float, title font size and weight, items font size, colors.
- Color schemes (dark, light, white, transparent, inherit from theme) and the ability to override colors.
- Toggle Show/Hide (optionally)
- Customizable labels.
- Smooth scroll (optionally).
- Setting offset top for smooth scroll.
- Wrap table of contents with <!–noindex–> tag (optionally).
- Pretty hash in URL (like
- RTL support.
- Available override global settings for a particular post.
- Highly compatible with WordPress themes and plugins.
Examples of LuckyWP Table of Contents
Joli Table Of Contents
Adds a SEO-friendly WordPress Table of Contents to your posts/pages. Makes your website look more valuable for both your visitors and Google.
Performance friendly: Styles/Scripts DO NOT load if the Table Of Contents is not supposed to display.
- Auto-insert table of contents (select post types and position in the content).
- Manual insert table of contents by shortcode.
- Customizable Table of Contents Title.
- Show headings by custom depth (From H2 to H4).
- Customizable CSS Icons for expand/collapse buttons (4 free icons, 20 in pro version)
- Show TOC only if a minimum of headings has been found in the content (Optional).
- Disable headings per text/class
- Hierarchical (amount of empty space customizable) or Flat View.
- Optional Numbering Prefix (ex: 1. Title 1; 1.2. Subtitle 2, etc…).
- Pretty hash in the actual URL (ex: mysite.com/my-article/#subtitle-2
- Latin & non-latin characters support for hash [since 1.3.2]
- Multilanguage hash transliteration available (e.g. #История => #istoriya) [since 1.3.3]
- Customizable Numbering Prefix Separator (Ex: “.” => “1.1.2”; “-” => “1-1-2”).
- Customizable Numbering Prefix Suffix (Ex: ).” => “1.1.2)”; “/” => “1.1.2/”).
- Customizable Padding.
- Customizable Headings Height (makes the TOC look more or less dense).
- 6 Auto-insert positions available (See below for details).
- Auto-insert to posts and/or pages.
- Fully responsive.
- 3 Visibility Options on page load (Unfolded, Folded (unfoldable), Responsive [since 1.3.0]).
- Hide or Show Overflowing Headings when viewport cannot fit the whole title length.
- Smooth scrolling available.
- Customizable TOC Title alignment (left, center, right).
- Customizable TOC Toggle button position (left, right) (when folded).
- Customizable TOC Toggle button: Text/HTML/Custom icons (open & close states).
- 2 Themes included (Default & Classic).
- Themes settings can be overriden (Colors, size, etc).
- Customizable Width: Min/Max Width or 100% Width.
- Customizable Font Size, Font Weight.
- Optional Shadow.
- Colors fully customizable (Table of Contents, Title, Headings, Shadow, Prefix).
- Custom CSS available.
- Developer-friendly. Many hooks provided. (See below for details).
- IE10+ Compatible
Example of Joli Table Of Contents
SimpleTOC – Table of Contents Block
In Gutenberg, add a block and search for “SimpleTOC” or just “TOC”. You need to save your post before you add the block. It works by parsing the post content and retrieving the heading blocks and creates a new dynamic block with a list of links to the headings.
- Designed for Gutenberg.
- Works great with all themes.
- Minimal and valid HTML output.
- Inherits the style of your theme.
- No customizations needed.
- Compatible with AMP plugins.
- SEO friendly.
Example of SimpleTOC – Table of Contents Block
Table of Contents Plus
A powerful yet user friendly WordPress Table of Contents plugin that automatically creates a context specific index or table of contents (TOC) for long pages (and custom post types). More than just a table of contents plugin, this plugin can also output a sitemap listing pages and/or categories across your entire site.
Built from the ground up and with Wikipedia in mind, the table of contents by default appears before the first heading on a page. This allows the author to insert lead-in content that may summarise or introduce the rest of the page. It also uses a unique numbering scheme that doesn’t get lost through CSS differences across themes.
This WordPress Table of Contents plugin is a great companion for content rich sites such as content management system oriented configurations. That said, bloggers also have the same benefits when writing long structured articles.
Includes an administration options panel where you can customise settings like display position, define the minimum number of headings before an index is displayed, other appearance, and more. For power users, expand the advanced options to further tweak its behaviour – eg: exclude undesired heading levels like h5 and h6 from being included; disable the output of the included CSS file; adjust the top offset and more. Using shortcodes, you can override default behaviour such as special exclusions on a specific page or even to hide the table of contents altogether.
Example of Table of Contents Plus
Easy Table of Contents
A user friendly, featured focused WordPress Table of Contents plugin which allows you to insert a table of contents into your posts, pages and custom post types.
- Automatically generate a table of contents for your posts, pages and custom post types by parsing its contents for headers.
- Supports the
- Supports the Rank Math plugin.
- Works with the Classic Editor, Gutenberg, Divi, Elementor, WPBakery Page Builder and Visual Composer page editors.
- Optionally enable for pages and/or posts. Custom post types are supported, as long as their content is output with the
- Optionally auto insert the table of contents into the page, selectable by enabled post type.
- Provides many easy to understand options to configure when and where to insert the table of contents.
- Many options are available to configure how the inserted table of contents appears which include several builtin themes. If the supplied themes do no meet you needs, you can create your own by choosing you own colors for the border, background and link color.
- Multiple counter bullet formats to choose from; none, decimal, numeric and roman.
- Choose to display the table of contents hierarchical or not. This means headings of lower priority will be nested under headings of higher priority.
- User can optionally hide the table of contents. You full control of this feature. It can be disabled and you can choose to have it hidden by default.
- Supports smooth scrolling.
- Selectively enable or disabled the table of contents on a post by post basis.
- Choose which headings are used to generate the table of contents. This too can be set on a post by post basis.
- Easily exclude headers globally and on a post by post basis.
- If you rather not insert the table of contents in the post content, you can use the supplied widget and place the table of contents in your theme’s sidebar.
- The widgets supports being affixed or stuck on the page so it is always visible as you scroll down the page. NOTE: this is an advanced option since every theme is different, you might need support from your theme developer to learn what the correct item selector to use in the settings to enable this feature.
- The widget auto highlights the sections currently visible on the page. The highlight color is configurable.
- Developer friendly with many action hooks and filters available.
Rich Table of Contents
RTOC is a WordPress Table of Contents generation plugin from Japan that allows anyone to easily create a table of contents. Equipped with the functions of the conventional table of contents plugin, it is designed to thoroughly pursue design and ease of use.
Introducing a real-time preview with an intuitive UI design allows you to create an ideal table of contents with a single button.It is definitely a plus factor for your blog or site.RTOC is easy to use, so please use it.
Configure the basic settings for the table of contents.
- Table of contents title: You can freely decide the title of the table of contents.
- Auto insert for the following content types: You can decide whether to show the table of contents on posts and pages.
- Heading to be displayed: Set which heading (h2, h3, h4) to display.
- Display conditions: Set the number of headings to display the table of contents.
- Font: Set font.